R. Gwinnell & Sons funeral homes in Essex and Suffolk
R. Gwinnell & Sons was established in 1986 by Roy and Christine Gwinnell to provide a caring and supportive service to families in times of need. Their eldest son Matt joined the business in 2002, having grown up observing how his father looked after families during the most difficult of times. He says it was always a case of when, not if, he joined the family business.
The Gwinnells opened their first funeral home in Manningtree, followed by branches in Clacton, Colchester, Dovercourt, Hadleigh and Thorpe-le-Soken, with a branch opening shortly in Ipswich. The family have also been entrusted with A.R. Clarke in Halstead.
Roy is well-known in the local communities served by R. Gwinnell & Sons and is a long-standing member of the Rotary Club. He has the Diploma in Funeral Directing and is a member of the British Institute of Funeral Directors.
Pictured (left to right): Matt Gwinnell with father Roy.
- 112 Ipswich Road, Colchester CO4 0AA
- 351 Holland Road, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 6PD
- 292 High Street, Dovercourt CO12 3PD
- 24 High Street, Manningtree CO11 1AD
- High Street, Thorpe-le-Soken CO16 0EA
- 32 High Street, Hadleigh IP7 5AP
- A.R. Clarke 129 Kings Road, Halstead CO9 1HJ
Click location for branch information